PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- Stay Legal:
We have instructed Lawdit Solicitors to review our legal terms and data policies and it has provided the Stay Legal seal of approval confirming that as of February 2022,www.collectiflondon.com is trading lawfully and in accordance with UK and EU legislation.
- Who we are and how to contact us:
- www.collectiflondon.com (our ‘Site’) is operated by Collectif.co.uk Limited (‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 05435919. Our registered office is at Unit R2b Warehouse K, 2 Western Gateway, London, United Kingdom, E16 1DR. Our VAT number is GB 805526147.
- We also operate as Collectif.Sp.zo.o. of Al. Wiśniowa 43a Wrocław, dolnośląskie, 53-137 Poland.
- To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on +44(0)20 7511 6224.
- By using our Site, you accept these terms:
- There are other terms that may apply to you:
- These terms mention the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our site:
- Our Intellectual Property (IP) Notice provides information about the IP on our Site.
- Our Contract with you sets out the terms and conditions that apply when we supply a product to you.
- Our Returns Policy and your Right to Cancel explains the conditions which apply to cancelling and returning orders.
- You are responsible for ensuring that every person who accesses our Site through your internet connection are aware of and complaint with these terms and other applicable terms.
- We may make changes:
- We occasionally amend these terms. Every time you use our Site, please check that you have read and understood the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 20th May 2022.
- We occasionally update and change our Site to reflect changes to our goods, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
- Do not rely on information on this Site:
- The content on our Site is for general information only. It is not intended to be advice that can rely on. You must get professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action based on the content on our Site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to keep the information on Site up to date, we do not in any way guarantee that the content on our Site is accurate, complete, or up to date.
- We may suspend or withdraw our Site:
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it will always be available. We may suspend, withdraw, or restrict the availability of all or any part of or Site. We will try to give reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else:
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under this agreement. Our Site is directed at people residing in the United Kingdom. The content available on or through our Site may not be suitable for use or available in other locations.
- You must keep your account details safe:
- Any user identification, password, or other piece of information, whether chosen or provided is confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We reserve the right to disable any user identification or password, whether chosen or provided, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply.
- If you know or suspect that another person knows your user identification or password, you must quickly notify us at email@example.com.
- Placing an order:
- You must be 16 years old or over to order goods via this Site. All orders must be accepted by us and are subject to availability. After we receive your order, you will receive an email acknowledging that we have received your order (your “Order”). Please note that this does not mean that your Order has been accepted. Your Order constitutes an offer to buy a product. It will only be accepted once we send you an email that confirms that the goods have been despatched (the “Despatch Notice”). A contract will only be formed upon the Despatch Notice (the “Contact”).
- Where, in our reasonable judgment, we believe that there is a mistake or error, we will be entitled to cancel your Order and refund your payment. Where the error is noticed before the Order is despatched, we will use all reasonable endeavours to inform you and allow you to choose whether to re-place the Order at the correct price, or to have your Order refunded.
- We may undertake searches with credit reference agencies for the purpose of verifying your identity and the personal information you submit as part of your Order. To do so the agencies may check your personal information against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. By submitting your Order, YOU AGREE TO THIS.
- There are multiple ways for you to pay for your Order. We accept:
- Mastercard and Visa credit cards.
- Maestro, Visa, Delta, Solo or Electron debit cards.
- Account credit.
- You confirm that the card or PayPal account being used is Yours. We may undertake searches with credit reference agencies for the purpose of verifying Your identity and the Personal Information You submit as part of an Order.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavagen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay Later 30.
- Pay in 3 instalments.
- Pay now.
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
- Errors, inaccuracies, and omissions:
- Occasionally there may be information on our Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and to change or update information, or cancel orders if any information on our Site, or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on our Site, or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied on our Site, or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in our Site, or on any related website has been modified or updated.
- Our Returns Policy and your Right to Cancel:
- The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (UK) state that you have fourteen (14) calendar days to cancel the Contract for your Order with us and we will issue you with a full refund. With Collectif, you have 28 CALENDAR DAYS ONLY TO RETURN THE GOODS FROM WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR ORDER, PLEASE ENSURE TRACKING IS USED ON ALL RETURNS! Item(s) returned beyond this time scale will not be eligible for a refund.
- For questions regarding returns please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collectif Head Office,
Unit 7, Sterling Industrial Estate,
Rainham Road South,
Please note that we can only accept returns of online orders made via our website to our warehouse address via post. If you purchased your item in-store, this must be returned to the store.
- You MUST include the invoice and a completed returns form. You can find your returns form on the back of your invoice, which will have been included in your parcel. If you have misplaced your form, please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to send over a replacement.
- All items returned must be in a re-sellable condition. This means returned items must be unworn, free of stains, odours, animal hair and creasing. Items must not be damaged and must be returned with the original labels still attached, or box included for shoes. For reasons of health and hygiene, we are unable to accept any cosmetics, face masks, hosiery, lingerie, or pierced jewellery as returns. Swimwear must be tried over underwear, and any hygiene seals must be intact or your right to return will be affected. If any items are received in an unsellable condition, they will be posted back to you.
- We recommend you send the return with a signed for service and retain your receipt as proof. This can be via your national postal service or a courier service. Should any returned parcel be lost, this can be used to lodge your claim with your postal provider. Please be reminded that for a lost parcel you need to lodge your claim with your nominated postal service, we will not be obligated to deal with this.
- You are responsible for the cost of the return postage, which is non-refundable unless the item sent is incorrect or faulty. Any return postage cost refunded by us will be based on the economy Post Office cost (second class signed for or economy equivalent) for the weight of any incorrect or faulty item you return. If you choose to send any non-faulty items as well, the return postage cost for these items is non-refundable.
- If you are making an international return, please make sure this is clearly marked as "Returned Goods" as we will not be liable for any customs or duties.
- If you are returning product(s) paid for on your credit/debit card or with PayPal, we will send the refund through the same method. Please kindly note, it can take up to 14 days for a return to be processed once we have received your parcel. if you have not received your refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your return tracking number and our teams will look into this for you.
- We do not offer online exchanges. We would advise you to return the unwanted items and place a new order.
- Incorrect or faulty items.
- We do our very best to ensure that every item we dispatch is correct, and of the highest quality. However, mistakes unfortunately do happen. Should you receive an incorrect or faulty item, please email email@example.com as soon as possible, so that we can authorise your return. We will send out your correct item as soon as we receive the incorrect item here.
- Incorrect or faulty items are eligible for return for up to six months from the date you received your parcel.
- If you are returning an incorrect or faulty item(s) please email us a copy of the postage receipt with the return, so that we can refund the postage based on the criteria above when your return is processed. Before posting a faulty/incorrect item back to us please email us with images and details for prior authorisation at firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning your order number as reference) or phone us on +44(0)20 7511 6224, so that we can advise further.
- Please send your item(s) using a 2nd Class Signed For service, or an equivalent service for international returns as we can only refund up to this amount.
- Please note that your receipt is your proof of postage to keep safe, so you can claim with your postal provider should anything happen to the parcel on its way to us. We do not recommend putting the receipt in the parcel.
- We will only pay return postage for the weight of the incorrect or faulty item that you are sending back. If you choose to include any additional non-faulty items in your return, postage for these items will not be refunded.
- Gift Cards:
For security reasons, until you have placed an order for goods, received your first statement and a payment has been received for those goods, you will be unable to order gift cards. We may restrict the volumes of certain items to be sold in any one transaction. Following formation of the Contract, we shall continue to own any goods ordered until we have received payment in full, even though the goods may have already been delivered to you.
- Products or services:
- Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Returns Policy.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any colour will be accurate.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or services to any person, geographic region, or jurisdiction. We may limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the will be corrected.
- How you may use the material on our Site:
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property on our Site. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off or download one copy of the content posted on our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to the content on our Site.
- You must not modify, in any way, any of the material you may have printed off or downloaded from our Site. You must not use any photographs, illustrations, video, audio, or graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Our status and that of any identified contributors as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any content posted on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so.
- Prohibited uses:
You are prohibited from using the site or its content:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to violate any international, federal, provincial, or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Site or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Site or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to:
Our Site may contain links to other Sites and resources provided by third parties. These links are for your information only. It should not be taken that those linked websites or the content on them is approved by us. We have no control over the contents of those Sites or resources.
- User generated content is not approved by us:
- Our Site may include information and materials uploaded by other Site users, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and material has not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about material uploaded by other users, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you:
- Whether you are a consumer or business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of us, our employees, subcontractors, or agents and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability resulting from the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Supply.
- If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations, or other terms that may apply to our Site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
- We will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruptions;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill, or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user:
- Our Site is provided for domestic and private use only. You must not use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of, profit, business, opportunity, or business interruption.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages your device or digital content and this is due to our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or compensate you. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by:
- Following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge;
- failing to correctly follow installation instructions; or
- to have the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- How we may use your personal information:
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them:
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from any bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology computer programs and platform to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by introducing any viruses or any other malicious software. You must not attack our Site via a denial of service (DOS) attack or via a distribute DOS attack. By breaching this provision, you would be committing a criminal offence under Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will disclose your identity to them. In the event of such breach, your right to use our Site will stop immediately.
- Rules about linking to our Site:
- You may lawfully link to our home page, providing it is done in a way that is fair and does not damage our reputation, or take advantage of it.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- If the courts find any particular term within these terms to be unenforceable, all remaining terms will still apply.